The University of Georgia released its full football schedule for the 2018 season today.
9/1 - Austin-Peay (Athens, GA)
9/7 - South Carolina (Columbia, SC)
9/15 - Middle Tennessee State (Athens, GA)
9/22 - Missouri (Columbia, MO)
9/29 - Tennessee (Athens, GA)
10/6 - Vanderbilt (Athens, GA)
10/13 - LSU (Baton Rouge, LA)
10/20 - BYE WEEK
10/27 - Florida (Jacksonville, FL)
11/3 - Kentucky (Lexington, KY)
11/10 - Auburn (Athens, GA)
11/17 - UMass (Athens, GA)
11/24 - Georgia Tech (Athens, GA)
A few items of note:
- Georgia will have seven home games in 2018, whereas it had six homes games in 2017.
- The South Carolina game returns to the beginning of the season where it more traditionally has been played. The last few seasons have seen that game moved from mid-October to even mid-November
- The Bulldogs will travel to LSU for the first time since 2008, a 52-38 win for Georgia as Knowshon Moreno and Matthew Stafford lead the team.
- Yet again, with the Florida game being neutral site, and the home-and-home with Georgia Tech every year, Georgia fans will have to go an entire month (35 days) without football and tailgates in Athens. After the Vanderbilt game on Oct. 6th, the next home game will be against Auburn on Nov. 10th.
- Georgia will finish the season with three consecutive November home games, when weather can be very nice... but it can also get very cold if night games happen to be scheduled.