Georgia added another high-profile quarterback to its roster on Thursday in the form of JT Daniels.
Daniels was a former 5-star quarterback in 2018 recruiting cycle, ranked only behind Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields. He was a 5-star prospect and the No. 15 overall prospect in the cycle.
He started 11 games as a freshman at USC, tossing 14 touchdowns to 10 interceptions. He then suffered a torn ACL and meniscus in the first game of the 2019 season. Daniels then entered the transfer portal in April.
What makes the addition of Daniels so interesting is that Georgia has already brought in a transfer quarterback this offseason in Jamie Newman. Georgia landed his services in January and he had been going through workouts with the team prior to the COVID-19 outbreak.
But while Newman is immediately eligible for this upcoming season, it is not yet known if Daniels will be granted eligibility. He will apply for a waiver to do so, but it's unknown if the NCAA will grant him one.
If Daniels does get the waiver, he will likely compete with Newman for the starting job for the 2020 season. If he is not, it pushes the discussion around Daniels back to the 2021 season, where he will compete with the likes of D'Wan Mathis, Carson Beck and incoming 5-star prospect Brock Vandagriff.
In this week's edition of Cover 4 Live, the DawgNation team talks all about the Daniels addition and what it means for the future of the Georgia offense, Newman, Vandagriff and everything in between.
DawgNation's Brandon Adams, Jeff Sentell, Mike Griffith and Connor Riley discuss the latest news and talking points surrounding Georgia football every Thursday at 3 p.m. on the DawgNation Facebook and Youtube channels.
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- WATCH: QB transfer JT Daniels accurate, cerebral,' per USC beat writer Ryan Young
- Kirby Smart: Georgia football workouts new normal completely different' than pre-COVID19
- Social media split on reaction to Georgia football landing JT Daniels
- Making a case for why these 2019 signees will or won't breakout this fall
- The Georgia football freshmen that are most physically ready to contribute early
- BREAKING: Georgia football adds an anchor 2022 commit in CB Marquis Groves-Killebrew
- Georgia football podcast: An open letter to Jake Fromm from a UGA fan
The post WATCH: Breaking down the many angles of new Georgia football transfer quarterback JT Daniels appeared first on DawgNation.